Sophie is an Associate, specialising in contentious construction work with a particular emphasis on PPP/PFI disputes. Sophie trained and has recently qualified with Addleshaw Goddard LLP in September 2020, working in our Manchester office during this time.
During Sophie's period of training with the firm up until qualification, Sophie completed seats in the following departments:
- Innovation and Legal Technology
- Construction, Engineering and Environment / Real Estate
- Commercial Disputes
Sophie has particular expertise in litigation. Sophie's most recent experience includes:
- advising an NHS Foundation Trust in respect of a significant dispute in relation to the existence and rectification of defects, with a particular focus on fire stopping and render defects at an NHS PFI Hospital in England;
- advising an SPV in relation to several large claims regarding various defective works at a major NHS PFI Hospital in England;
- advising a client in respect of the termination of multiple contracts and the associated risks, a large extension of time application and settlement in relation to the same;
- acting for a large PLC in a Part 8 Claim in the High Court regarding a significant Pension Plan dispute and in the Court of Appeal;
- acting for various NHS Foundation Trusts in respect of a claim in the High Court regarding whether the NHS Hospitals could be treated the same as charities;
- acting for an NHS Foundation Trust in various adjudications in respect of a significant dispute concerning the completion of fire defect rectification works at an NHS PFI Hospital in England;
- acting for a large private company in respect of claims in the defective design and construction of the wall cladding and fire safety systems at a large building in England, pursuant to a D&B Contract;
- acting for an Employer in respect of an ICC arbitration in the value of circa $1.4 billion pounds; and
- acting for a large Contractor in an international arbitration pursuant to the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules.