Sophie is an Associate, specialising in contentious construction work with a particular emphasis on PPP/PFI disputes. Sophie trained and has recently qualified with Addleshaw Goddard LLP in September 2020, working in our Manchester office during this time.
During Sophie's period of training with the firm up until qualification, Sophie completed seats in the following departments:
- Innovation and Legal Technology
- Construction, Engineering and Environment / Real Estate
- Commercial Disputes
Sophie has particular expertise in litigation:
- Acting for a Trust on a significant dispute in relation to the rectification of fire defects at an NHS PFI Hospital in England.
- Acting for an SPV in relation to several large claims regarding defective works at a major NHS PFI Hospital in England.
- Acted in a Part 8 claim for a large PLC in the Chancery Division of the High Court regarding a significant Pension Plan dispute.