Peter joined the Restructuring Team in 2022 bringing with him experience in both contentious and non-contentious corporate and personal restructuring and insolvency matters with a focus on transactional work. This has provided Peter with a varied client base advising public and private companies, directors, insolvency practitioners and financial institutions on all legal matters arising from corporate insolvencies on a broad range of matters.
Peter’s expertise includes dealing with administrations, receiverships, creditors’ liquidations, directors’ disqualification, asset tracing and recovery on behalf of insolvency practitioners.
- Advising a 2nd tier lender regarding its multi-million pound facilities to an FCA regulated company which included a review of its qualified floating charges, numerous competing charges, block discounting agreements, integrated wholesale funding agreement and a deed of priority and providing advice on the best route to appoint Joint Administrators.
- Advising and assisting joint administrators on the sale of assets subject to security, specifically property development companies with significant stakeholder/creditor interest.
- Advising and assisting directors and Administrators on transactional documents to facilitate both pre-pack and post appointment sales. Work has included reviewing, advising on and negotiating an Asset Sale Agreement, License to Occupy, Assignments of Intellectual Property Rights and numerous Deeds of Release.
- Assisting the creditors of a FCA regulated international currency exchange company which, after going into Administration, left an estimated shortfall to customers of £9,000,000.
- Advising lenders as to their security and the restructuring of debt and the appointment of administrators and receivers
- Advising companies and boards of directors on fiduciary duties and considerations when experiencing distress
- Acting for joint administrators of manufacturing businesses and retailers
Nottingham Trent University – Bachelor of Laws (LL.B.), Law, 2:1