Peter is a partner in the firm's Tax & Structuring Group. He is an Associate of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, as well as a qualified solicitor. He has over 30 years' experience of corporate, real estate and financing taxation, particularly in relation to cross border structures having worked previously in Australia and Luxembourg.
He has a wide practice covering investment funds, real estate and finance taxation. Peter also acts for a number of AG's major corporate and banking clients, but with an increased focus in recent years on the wider real estate sector. He also provides advice to non UK domiciled individuals on their UK tax affairs, and to sovereign states/funds.
Before returning to private practice in the City he was General Counsel at Minorco (now Anglo American plc), a major European natural resources group with significant subsidiaries and operations in Europe and the United States.
- Advised Telereal Trillium on its joint venture with Blackstone, to acquire Network Rail's 'Arches' portfolio for c £1.5bn
- Advised the People's Republic of China on acquisition of their new Embassy premises at Royal Mint Court
- Acted for listed wealth manager Rathbone Brothers Plc on a series of recent acquisitions
- Advised on the structuring and launch of hedge fund Thunderbird Capital
- Advised University Partnerships Programme (UPP) on its conversion to REIT status.
- Provided structuring and transaction advice for a number of developers, lenders and investors involved in large residential letting and student accommodation schemes, including: Pension Insurance Corporation, Dandara, Hub Residential, UPP, IPIM (HK Fund) and various UK clearing banks.