Jane advises a broad spectrum of high/mid net worth private clients in relation to all manner of trusts matters (UK and offshore), wills, tax planning and residence/domicile issues. Jane receives regular referrals from Manchester’s leading accountants, tax advisers, private banks and wealth managers (e.g. KPMG, EY, Grant Thornton, Forbes Dawson, Julius Baer, HSBC, Barclays) and is well regarded for providing them with timely, practical and client focussed support in implementing planning for clients.
Jane specialises in estate and succession planning for owner managed businesses and non UK domiciled clients, inheritance tax planning for entrepreneurs (maximising Business Property Relief) and the UK taxation of offshore trusts.
Jane is one of the few lawyers outside London with extensive experience of advising high net worth non domiciled clients on dual will structures and Double Tax Treaty planning and has close working relationships with lawyers in other jurisdictions to ensure a comprehensive service for clients.
Jane also has extensive experience of advising and resolving trusts and wills disputes including breach of trust claims, settlement agreements and claims brought under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants Act) 1975.
Jane is well regarded for finding commercial solutions to complex problems and managing disputes cost effectively. Jane is a full member of STEP and ranked in both Legal 500 and Chambers as a leading individual. Jane was listed two years on the run in Private Client Practitioner’s National “Top 35” list as an “exceptionally bright trusted adviser to whom many high profile clients turn for significant work”.
- Cross-border estate and succession planning for International family with multiple business interests in the UK and other jurisdictions. Work involved devising an efficient and workable succession plan together with dual will structures mitigating Inheritance tax involving double tax treaties.
- Advising beneficiaries of a family trust in relation to a dispute involving business and land issues. Work involved guiding the clients towards a commercial, pragmatic and cost effective solution from a tax and family perspective.
- Advising the owners of a large on-line PLC on succession planning, wills and cross-border tax planning.
- Advising trustees of a Will Trust in relation to the management and eventual sale of a large family engineering company.
- Extremely bright technically very astute and goes down well in the entrepreneurial world
- First class, gives practical pro-active advice on complex problems and is totally soluntions driven - Chambers