Ewen is a Partner in the London Leveraged Finance team who specialises in event driven financing transactions.
He acts for both lenders and borrowers across the spectrum of mid-market sponsor-backed financings, Ewen has a strong history or working closely with bank lenders and was also involved with the development of the direct lending market in Europe from its inception, advising lenders on unitranche and other types of direct lending products (including first loss/second loss, second lien, and PIK) as well as banks providing working capital and other facilities alongside the funds.
Recent deals Ewen has been involved with include:
- Advising the lenders on the financing of the August Equity acquisition of Amtivo
- Advising an award winning mid-market private equity firm on a PIK financing
- Advising the Logicalis group on their global financing facilities and their first time issuance
- Advising Inflexion on the financing of their acquisition of Aspen Pumps
- Advising Inflexion on their financing of Shimtech
- Advising AGIC on the financing of their Acquisition of Farsound
- Advisng the lenders on their $1BN financing for the acquisition of SafeCharge by Nuvei.