Phil is a Legal Director in the Transactional Real Estate Group and has 10 years' experience within the Real Estate sector, primarily acting for key institutional investors, offshore investment trusts and corporate occupiers.
He regularly acts on complex acquisitions, disposals and general asset management mandates and his attention to detail and ability to identify potential risks and opportunities enable him to deliver favourable outcomes for his clients. Phil is adept at building and maintaining relationships with clients, understanding their specific needs and tailoring legal strategies to achieve their objectives.
Phil has particular experience in Real Estate Finance, having spent time on secondment with a major UK clearing bank.
His recent experience includes:
- advising an institutional investor client on the sale of a number of trophy assets located throughout the UK;
- acting on the disposal of a regional office portfolio for an offshore property unit trust;
- fulfilling an asset management strategy and the subsequent sale of a large regional shopping centre on behalf of an institutional fund;
- acting on behalf of a JV formed to deliver the regeneration of a key strategic development site in Trafford; and
- a member of a cross-departmental team advising on the pre-let of an international law firm's UK headquarters in London.
- University of Law, Manchester (2010)
- Manchester Metropolitan University (2009)
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Investment Property Forum (Future Leaders)