Philip is a managing associate in the Real Estate team based in London. Philip deals with a broad range of commercial property matters including landlord and tenant, residential development, and investment acquisitions and management.
Notable transactions and clients include:
- Acting for a popular London coffee shop and restaurant chain in its roll-out across London, including advising on the grant of new leases and acquisition of sites in Shoreditch, Soho, Holborn, London Bridge, Covent Garden, Clerkenwell, Whitechapel and Royal Exchange, as well as short-term pop-up units at Piccadilly Circus and Westfield, and the recent head office move to a property in Shoreditch. Also advised on the property aspects of the coffee chain's share acquisition of a restaurant company for the purposes of acquiring its lease in Exmouth Market.
- Advising a client which owns adjoining retail park sites in the general management of its estate, including drafting complicated agreements for lease, leases, deeds of surrender, licences for alterations, licences to assign and underlet, and side letters.
- Advising on the rights of light aspects of a residential development in Westminster.
- Acting on behalf of various corporate entities taking office space in notable developments in Birmingham and London.
- Brunel University – Modern Drama Studies BA (Hons) (2004 – 2007)
- Nottingham Law School – Graduate LLB (2008 – 2010)
- Graduate Diploma in Law (2008 – 2009)
- Legal Practice Course (2009 – 2010)
- Year qualified – 2013