Phil is a non-contentious real estate lawyer who specialises in a wide range of commercial real estate matters. Phil has acted for quoted property companies, institutional investors, developers and occupiers. He has extensive experience of acting for landlords in the management of their key assets.
Recent experience includes:
- British Land on numerous transactions across its portfolio, including the acquisition, disposal and leasing of retail parks and shopping centres, the acquisition of sites for development for logistics use, and the redevelopment of retail and mixed use assets.
- Realty on the acquisition on a number of retail assets throughout England and Wales, including the portfolio acquisition and leaseback of 9 multi-let properties from Frasers Group for £205m.
- Shell in relation to the development of its UK head office at the Shell Centre, Waterloo and subsequent occupational headlease, involving complicated lease structure arrangements. Advising on the subsequent underletting of 6 floors to IBM.
- MiddleCap on the purchase of a development site in Southwark for £20 million, development finance and subsequent lettings of the building.
- Nottingham Law School (2010)
- Brunel University (2007)