Kate recently qualified in to the Real Estate team, having undertaken seats in Real Estate Disputes, Corporate, Infrastructure, Projects and Energy and Real Estate.
Before Kate started her training contract, she was an embedded paralegal in the Real Estate Team, starting at AG in 2016. During this time, Kate has developed a solid understanding of many aspects of property law and real estate litigation. Kate has previously helped to advise developers, investors and occupiers across a range of real estate transactions and both landlords and tenants in real estate litigation proceedings, enabling her to see both sides of the fence.
Kate's recent experience includes:
- Working as part of a team to advise a developer client with a complex district heating network transaction involving multiple counterparties.
- Assisting with advising a key client of the Firm in connection with their investment into various energy from waste schemes.
- Working as part of a team to advise ENGIE on its development schemes.
- Assisted with a £15m forward funding deal for a Fund which had a corporate element.
- Handled a £14m property sale through to completion for a leading client of the Firm.
- Advising a variety of institutional landlords with vast property portfolios, advising on estate management matters and issues such as 1954 Act lease renewals, arrears disputes and dilapidations claims.
- Advising several retail occupiers with vast property portfolios where their property portfolio is secondary to their primary business.
- Advising two national supermarkets, who hold property as both landlord and tenant, upon a wide range of issues such as 1954 Act lease renewals.
- Commissioned by Blacks Solicitors LLP and Choix™ Consultancy to blog on their presentation to University of Law students on sports law