Claire is a Legal Director in the Construction and Engineering Group, specialising in non-contentious construction.
Claire has over 10 years' experience on high value, complex, bespoke projects and major commercial developments. She has recently relocated back to the UK from Sydney, where she worked on some of the largest development projects in Australia.
She has particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of agreements for lease, development agreements and standard form contracts, as well as consultancy agreements and ancillary documents. Claire operates within a variety of sectors, including office, industrial and retail developments, social infrastructure, and largescale precinct redevelopments.
Claire's recent experience includes:
- acting for listed entity Dexus as developer of the A$1.4bn Atlassian Tower development in Sydney. Claire advised on the agreement for lease with the anchor tenant, Atlassian
- acting for listed entity Stockland as developer and landlord of a five-story A$260 million data centre in Sydney's Macquarie Park. Claire advised on the agreement for lease with a major international tenant, and the suite of construction documents with the contractor. This project formed part of Stockland's broader A$1.5 billion M_Park development (on which Claire also advised)
- acting for Commercial & General as owner and developer of the A$500m 'Australian Bragg Centre for Proton Therapy and Research', a cancer treatment centre and medical research facility in Adelaide. Claire also previously advised the same client in respect of the A$300million Angas Street hospital in Adelaide
- acting for Walker Corporation as developer of the A$2 billion Parramatta Square redevelopment, one of the largest urban renewal projects in Australia at the time. The project included multiple stages, comprising commercial and retail towers, station works, rail interface and a public realm
- acting for Zurich Australian Property Holdings in respect 118 Mount Street, Sydney. Claire advised on the initial redevelopment (involving the demolition of the existing building and the construction of a 29 floor commercial tower), as well as the sale of the building to an Australian and German joint venture
- University of Cambridge – English Literature
- College of Law, Moorgate – LLB
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Law Society of New South Wales, Australia