Claire is a Legal Director specialising in non-contentious construction law in both England & Wales and New South Wales, Australia.
She has over 10 years' experience advising on high value, complex, bespoke projects and major developments in the UK and Australia. Claire operates within a variety of sectors, including commercial and residential development (both new build and largescale refurbishment of assets across a number of sectors including logistics), social infrastructure and life sciences, and regeneration projects. She has particular expertise in the drafting and negotiation of construction and engineering contracts, agreements for lease, development agreements, development management agreements, and other ancillary construction documents, as well as advisory work in relation to contract management issues and claims avoidance.
Claire acts primarily for developers, local authorities, and funders, but is also experienced in acting for contractors and tenants.
Claire's recent experience includes:
- acting for Aviva Capital Partners in relation to the £1bn London Cancer Hub in Sutton, a multi-phased one million sq.ft. development that will include research, treatment, and educational facilities alongside workspaces and community spaces, and public green spaces.
- advising Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council in relation to the £280-300m Stockport 8 development, part of the 'Vision for Town Centre West' strategic regeneration framework that will deliver approximately 1,050 build to rent and private sale residential units in Brinksway and The Station Quarter, and which aims to be a new, digitally-capable and fully walkable neighbourhood for Stockport town centre.
- acting for the project company of a major operational NHS hospital in relation to a £70m multi-stage refurbishment of the hospital.
- acting for Vita Student in relation to a student accommodation development in Birmingham, as well as the sale of multiple UK-based assets.
- acting for Tritax Symmetry on an agreement for lease and construction documentation for their logistics development at Darlington, and providing advisory work on various other developments.
- acting for Harworth group on development funding agreements and associated construction documentation for multiple sites, and advisory work on contract management issues.
- acting for a major supermarket group on the development of a site in London, including a new store and proposed mixed use development by a major developer.
- acting for Greater Manchester Combined Authority as funder of several developments across the UK.