Sarah has over 15 years of experience in the sector advising on large construction projects, including the use of framework contracting and alliancing, and advising on various standard forms of building contract, including the NEC and JCT forms.
Sarah's recent experience includes:
- Assisting in drafting documentation for Manchester Airport Group relating to the reconfiguration of Terminal Two (at Manchester), generally being procured via the NEC contracts.
- Acting for Southwark Council to finalise the building contract for the redevelopment and extension of Peckham Rye Railway Station, procured via the JCT DB form.
- Reviewing and advising on the construction documentation relating to a range of corporate disposals/acquisitions (including in respect of manufacturers of equipment used in the nuclear industry), largely using the NEC contracts and subcontracts, and the JCT range of contracts, plus MF/2 and bespoke contracts.
- Reviewing and reporting on the construction documents relating to BT's new head office, procured via the JCT DB form.
- Advising on a range of schemes, including extensive refurbishment works and framework appointments relating to Meadowhall Shopping Centre.
- Reviewing and reporting on contracts in a range of forms (JCT, NEC and bespoke) for contractors, funders and institutional investors, as well as advising entities such as National Grid and HS1 Limited.