Samantha is a Managing Associate in the firm's Finance Litigation team dealing with a wide range of financial services disputes. Samantha has particular experience in thematic litigation defending financial institutions. Most recently Samantha has provided advice on claims by distressed customers placed in Bank's recoveries function. This includes providing advice in high profile disputes that have consequences across the wider lending portfolio and other similar litigation. Samantha has considerable Court experience including working with senior barristers and QCs on a number of trials.
Recent cases have seen Samantha:
- advising a retail bank in relation to claims brought by customers placed in its restructuring function.
- advising a retail bank in relation to claims made by customers alleging mis-selling of interest rate hedging products.
- advising financial institution clients in relation to referrals made to the Financial Ombudsman Service and supporting their internal complaints function.
- managing and co-ordinating a remediation exercise on behalf of a retail bank including specialist legal and regulatory advice.
- advising on recoveries options available to financial institutions and the best enforcement options.
- Professional Memberships
- SRA membership