Sam is a legal director within the London Construction team and advises a wide range of clients including institutional investors, developers and contractors in relation to the construction and ongoing maintenance of building and engineering projects across a number of sectors. He has particular expertise in acting on housing and regeneration, student accommodation, health, offices and retail schemes which are being carried out under joint venture and/or project finance arrangements and has acted for developers and contractors including UPP, Mount Anvil, Bouygues Developments, Rocket Investments, McLaren, Fulcrum Infrastructure and Guy's and St. Thomas' Trust, occupiers such as Primark and Volkswagen and for a number of funders including Aviva, RBS, Barclays and Lloyds.
Sam also advises in relation to process engineering projects, acting for ABF plc, Diageo and Britvic in relation to a number of significant schemes over the past few years and is familiar with a wide range of construction precedents (including the JCT, IChemE, NEC3, FIDIC and IMechE forms of contract).
Sam's experience includes:
- Mount Anvil Group: advising on construction and development management arrangements (including the development of its construction precedents) in connection with the majority of the major residential schemes delivered in the past five years by Mount Anvil in joint venture with various registered providers, including at Shoreditch (276 units), Canary Wharf (115 units), Vauxhall (470 units), Tower Hamlets (circa. 300 units) and Whitechapel (circa. 560 units).
- University Partnerships Programme: advising the UK's largest provider of on-campus student accommodation on all of the new schemes it has delivered in the past few years including recently, a £105m landmark transaction with the University of London for a 511 room student accommodation project set within a mixed-use 33-storey building in Stratford and a £100m+ transactions with the University of Hull and University of Exeter for circa,. 1,500 new student rooms in each case.
- Uliving (Bouygues Developments); advising on the construction and operational aspects of its significant and highly complex student accommodation scheme at Brighton University involving complex land, financing and structuring arrangements.
- Guy's and St. Thomas' Trust in respect of the construction aspects of its 15 year capital expansion programme.
- Rocket Investments: advising on the development of a complex mixed use scheme in Shoreditch comprising 302 residential units being delivered with Mace (GDV circa £400m).