Emma qualified as a Solicitor in 2019 and joined our Employment team in Leeds in January 2021.
Emma is currently part of a high volume litigation team for a major, heavily unionised client with over 140,000 employees.
Emma has acted for Claimants and Respondents and has varied experience dealing with contentious and non-contentious matters, including:
- Advising on and managing various Employment Tribunal claims (including unfair dismissal, discrimination and whistleblowing claims);
- Advising in relation to settlement negotiations and drafting settlement agreements;
- Drafting and reviewing employment documentation, including employment contracts, consultancy agreements, directors' service agreements, restrictive covenants, policies and handbooks;
- Advising clients on day-to-day employment issues, including grievances, disciplinary matters, capability procedures, termination of employment and discrimination issues; and
- Advising on redundancy.
- Professional Memberships
- Employment Lawyers Association (ELA)