Addleshaw Goddard has cemented its leading position in the North West deals market by advising on a number of deals totalling in excess of £1.5bn during the first quarter of 2017.
The team played leading roles in a series of high profile transactions across the region and nationally, including advising:
- Phoenix Private Equity on its sale of Key Retirement Group to Partners Group
- New PE entrant Ardenton Capital on its first UK acquisition of Corbetts the Galvanisers
- Inflexion's investment into Cawood Scientific in the very active testing, inspection and compliance space
- LDC's investment into medical and pharmaceutical communications business, Fishawack Group
- LDC on its investment in UK valves manufacturer, Chargepoint
- CCL Industries' acquisition of Innovia
- Premaitha Health plc's acquisition of YourGene
- Victrex plc's acquisition of Zyex Group
- Premaitha Health plc's placing of shares with Harwood Capital
The team has also been appointed to advise BT on M&A and other corporate matters, adding another leading FTSE100 to the incredible roster of major corporates which the team advises.
Paul Medlicott, partner at Addleshaw Goddard, said: "It has been a great start to 2017 for the team, particularly in a fairly slow deal market. We have been, and remain, busier than our competitors in the private equity markets and we've had a really good run in the private and public M&A markets for long term clients and on one-off transactions. We are also delighted that Ardenton (a new private equity entrant to the UK) chose us to support them on their first UK deal. Our appointment to the BT panel for M&A and general corporate work adds another blue chip client to our stellar client base and demonstrates that the team locally can deliver first class advice and service to a broad range of clients – large and small."