Now that NEC4 has been with us for nearly two years, we review key considerations for practitioners based on experience and feedback since the new suite's launch in June 2017.
This seminar is for clients, contractors, sub-contractors and consultants who are entering into, operating and/or advising in relation to the main NEC contract forms and/or Professional Services contracts.
What will we cover?
The topics we will cover include:
- An overview of the new contract forms
- Understanding the revised payment regime including amended interim procedures, new final assessments and the 'Construction Act' provisions
- Consideration of major modifications and additions to the dispute resolution procedures and their interaction with the payment terms
- The impact of new obligations in relation to deemed acceptance of programmes and Defined Cost submissions
- Notification of Compensation Events and the basis and finality of assessments
- Changes to the parties core liabilities
- Amended and additional option clauses such as contractor design, the provision of contractor/consultant warranties and early contractor involvement.
To register for one of the sessions, please click here.