We are delighted to invite you to the fourth in our series of training sessions focussed on NEDs in financial services.
ESG has continued its ascent up the agenda in the first half of 2020. Driven by a raft of new legislation coming into force over the next 12 months, Blackrock's publicly stated active interest in ensuring companies address their ESG concerns and heightened media coverage, boards will be increasingly feeling that their feet are being held to the fire on ESG.
This is a key issue for NEDs. It will be for boards to satisfy themselves that their firms have suitable strategies, processes and systems in place to meet not only their legal and regulatory obligations but also market expectations.
We will be considering the following questions:
- What is ESG?
- What is the new legal and regulatory landscape for ESG?
- What are the current market expectations?
- What is the role of the board and NEDs?
- What timing and other key requirements are there for firms to consider?
- What challenges should be anticipated?
8.15 - 8.30 Virtual coffee & networking
8.30 - 9:30 Presentation & discussion
Online - Microsoft Teams