The Legal Explorer Programme
Addleshaw Goddard's Legal Explorer Programme is a new programme for ambitious Year 12 and S5 students to learn more about the legal sector. We are working with PRIME to ensure the programme is specifically for social mobility candidates.
The programme will run from October 2023 to August 2024 with monthly workshops, mentor meetings and finish with a week of hands-on work experience in one of our offices.
As a Legal Explorer, you will receive:
- A laptop to access online sessions and support your studies
- A one-off bursary payment to cover the time you spend on work experience
- Online workshops giving you an insight into Addleshaw Goddard and working on key skills for a future career in law.
- A mentor to provide advice and support throughout your time with us
- An in-person insight day in April, and a week of work experience in the summer
- Opportunities to network with Addleshaw Goddard colleagues and learn more about the different roles available to you.
What are the application criteria?
This opportunity is designed to support young people from less privileged backgrounds in association with the PRIME Commitment. As such, students must meet the following criteria:
- You must either be in year 12 England or S5 in Scotland in the 2023/2024 academic year.
- You're attending, and have attended from aged 11, a state-funded, non-fee-paying school/college.
- You must be within travelling distance of an Addleshaw Goddard offices in either Manchester, Leeds, London or Edinburgh.
And one of the following:
- You grew up in a household where no parent or guardian attended University.
- You are currently in receipt of, or have previously received, free school meals, Pupil Premium, Education Maintenance Allowance and/or 16 to 19 Bursary.
- You have been, or are currently, in local authority care (for a period of 3 months or longer).
- You are, or have been, a full-time or part-time carer.
- You came to the UK as a refugee or asylum seeker.
Please note you need to be able to attend the proposed dates below:
- Monday 30 October, 17:00-18:00 (Office)
- Wednesday 29 November, 17:00-18:00 (Office)
- Wednesday 13 December, 16:00-17:00 (Virtual)
- Wednesday 31 January, 17:00-18:00 (Office)
- Wednesday 28 February, 16:00-18:00 (Virtual)
- Wednesday 27 March, 17:00-18:00 (Office)
- Wednesday 29 May, 16:00-17:00 (Virtual)
- Wednesday 24 July, 17:00-18:00 (Office)
- Monday 29 July-Friday 2 August (Office)