Keen to learn more about AG Elevate? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
- How many hours of free legal advice will I get?
All applicants will receive:
- 25 hours of free legal mentoring (split across 10 months); and
All other legal advice will be given at a discount of 30% during the duration of the 10 month programme.
- What areas are covered/not covered in the advice?
- Free legal advice - on FinTech specialist areas, being legal advice on funding, payments, financial regulation and technology
- All other legal advice will be made available at a heavily discounted rate during the duration of the programme
Areas not covered:
- Any law other than English, Scottish & Welsh law
- Non-legal advice (including financial and commercial)
- What other benefits are there to participating in the programme?
- an assigned legal mentor who will meet with you every month to identify legal challenges you are facing and any areas of concern
- one training session on a legal topic, to be selected from a list of topics provided by AG
- access to AG's legal seminars and industry networking events
- access to AG's legal updates and other publications
- access to TORCHLIGHT an online tool which helps you keep track of future legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector
- How many FinTechs will you take?
We envisage taking up to 12 FinTechs across the 2019 programme.
- When can we start applying and when does the application process close?
Applications opened on 8 March 2019 and closed on 19 April 2019. We will announce the successful applicants in due course.
- What does the application process consist of?
- An online application form.
- Follow up interview either by phone or face-to-face.
- What happens if I don't get accepted?
We unfortunately can't take everyone on the programme, however we do hope to be in touch with you and find other ways of engaging and working together.
- How is this different to other law firm programs?
We believe that we are one of the few law firms to offer a legal mentoring programme (as opposed to straight free legal advice) such that we will work closely with you for the duration of the programme and act as a legal sounding board as you progress with growing your business.
- What do you expect in return?
We look forward to building long term relationship with the Fintechs and hope we continue to work together after the programme has ended.