Keen to learn more about AG Elevate? Here are answers to some frequently asked questions.
- How many hours of free legal advice will I get?
All applicants will receive:
- 25 hours of free legal mentoring (split across 10 months); and
All other legal advice will be given at a discount of 30% during the duration of the 10 month programme.
- What areas are covered/not covered in the advice?
- Free legal advice - on FinTech specialist areas, being legal advice on funding, payments, financial regulation and technology
- All other legal advice will be made available at a heavily discounted rate during the duration of the programme
Areas not covered:
- Any law other than English, Scottish & Welsh law
- Non-legal advice (including financial and commercial)
- What other benefits are there to participating in the programme?
- an assigned legal mentor who will meet with you every month to identify legal challenges you are facing and any areas of concern
- one training session on a legal topic, to be selected from a list of topics provided by AG
- access to AG's legal seminars and industry networking events
- access to AG's legal updates and other publications
- access to TORCHLIGHT an online tool which helps you keep track of future legal and regulatory developments in the financial services sector
- How many FinTechs will you take?
We envisage taking up to 12 FinTechs across the 2019 programme.
- When can we start applying and when does the application process close?
Applications opened on 8 March 2019 and closed on 19 April 2019. We will announce the successful applicants in due course.
- What does the application process consist of?
- An online application form.
- Follow up interview either by phone or face-to-face.
- What happens if I don't get accepted?
We unfortunately can't take everyone on the programme, however we do hope to be in touch with you and find other ways of engaging and working together.
- How is this different to other law firm programs?
We believe that we are one of the few law firms to offer a legal mentoring programme (as opposed to straight free legal advice) such that we will work closely with you for the duration of the programme and act as a legal sounding board as you progress with growing your business.
- What do you expect in return?
We look forward to building long term relationship with the Fintechs and hope we continue to work together after the programme has ended.
Register your interest for our 2024/25 Programme
Applications for our 2023/24 Programme are now closed. If you are interested in future programmes please click below.Register your interest