The challenges you face
We are aware of the burden that a change in control can place on internal teams, including engagement with the regulator. The application can seem a daunting task and the preparation of such can often be outside of existing in-house competencies and capacity.
The AG Regulatory Risk and Compliance Practice Group has detailed understanding of the practical processes for change in control and the supporting materials that you will be required to complete. We have experience of engaging with the regulator, throughout each stage of the process, and can give clients an indication of how we expect the regulator to react in certain circumstances.
What we offer
We offer in depth technical and practical support for the completion of all of the necessary forms and material to support the change in control. The FCA will be requesting the following documents (but are not limited to):
- Change in control notification form;
- A description of the business post change (often in the form of a regulatory business plan);
- Pre and post transaction structure charts;
- Revised applications for new/changes to approved persons;
- CV's for individual controller and directors/members of corporate controllers;
- Proof of funding;
- Accounts for corporate controllers; and
- Negative disclosure supporting information/documentation.
Our team can advise you on all stages of the process and support you as and when needed.
- Drafting/ reviewing your regulatory business plan outlining: strategy, customer information, business segments and profitability in line with regulator expectations;
- Drafting/ reviewing your structure charts; and
- Completion of all core and ancillary forms, such as owners and influencers, controller forms and disclosure, and approved persons.
Benefit from clearer and more confident proactive engagement with regulators and a better organised business to enable you to deal with the ongoing supervision of the regulator.
The expertise you need
Our approach is flexible and can be tailored to suit specific client needs and demands; we can help as little or as much as you require for some or all of the full suite of our change in control capabilities:
- Plan the change in control process and produce project plans to monitor the deliverables and timescales;
- Scope and support the development of a business plan, including the necessary internal suite of policies;
- Work closely with the internal executive to ensure that the application is owned within your business to support your risk and compliance teams;
- Assist your Board and Senior Management to understand the application process, including detailed process description and application to your particular circumstance and their own role in managing the regulator's expectations;
- Access to our expertise on the 'Connect' application system, including hands on training on the use of the system, using our test applications and support with completion of your forms, either by reviewing your input or assisting in the actual submission; and
- Provide you with ongoing support after the application has been submitted, for assistance with any follow up questions from the regulator.
If you would like to know more or would like us to come and talk to you further about what we can offer, please contact us.