Sam is an associate based in London, specialising in cross border mergers & acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic alliances. He also has experience in equity financing, from early stage investments to mid-market private equity transactions.
He spent two years in our Hong Kong office where he worked with listed companies, venture/growth funds and SMEs across North and South-East Asia, whilst also assisting UK clients looking to enter and/or establish themselves in the Asia market. He was the lead associate on two key cross-border strategic alliances for Ted Baker.
Sam's recent experience includes advising:
- Ted Baker on its joint venture in Hong Kong and PRC and on its exclusive retail licence partnership in Japan
- ECI on its management buyouts of M3 Consulting and Make It Cheaper (and its subsequent bolt-on of Business Save)
- 99.co, a Singapore based property portal, on its merger with the Singapore and Indonesian entities of the REA group (listed in Australia)
- Cicli Pinarello, Italian bicycle manufacturer, on the acquisition of its UK retailer
- a NYSE listed special purpose acquisition company, CM Seven Star, on its acquisition of PRC based tech enabled used car dealership operator, Kaixin
- Bitmex Ventures, venture arm of a cryptocurrency derivatives exchanged based in Hong Kong, on a number of early stage investments in Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand and the Philippines
- Yummy, Indonesian based online catering start-up, on its Series A equity financing.
- Ranked: Hong Kong Corporate (including M&A), Legal 500, 2019.