Sam is a registered foreign lawyer based in Hong Kong, specialising in a number of areas including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate finance.
Prior to moving to Hong Kong, Sam spent a year as an associate in our London Corporate team where he worked with a number of clients including large financial institutions, FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies, private equity investors and small and medium sized private companies.
Since moving to Hong Kong, Sam has worked with listed companies, venture/growth funds and other financial institutions primarily located in Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Mongolia. He was the lead associate on our Hong Kong office's largest ever transaction to date, which involved investors from the USA, China and Cayman Islands.
Sam's transactional experience includes advising:
Joint Venture/Strategic Alliance
- Ted Baker on its joint venture in Hong Kong and China with LongGoal
- Ted Baker on it exclusive retail license partnership in Japan with Sojitz Infinity
Mergers & Acquisitions (private)
- 99.Co on its merger with REA Group's Singapore and Indonesia entities
- Guangzhou R&F Properties on its minority share acquisition in Zone Set
- Make it Cheaper on its bolt-on acquisition of Business Save
- GVC in relation to its disposal of its Turkish online gaming business
- Cicli Pinarello on its acquisition of The Bike Rooms
Mergers & Acquisitions (public)
- CM Seven Star on its acquisition of Kaixin Auto Group
- Rathbone Brothers on its acquisition of Speirs & Jeffrey (placing element)
- ECI on its management buyout of M3 Consulting
- ECI on its management buyout of Make It Cheaper
Venture Capital/Early Series Fundraising
- Yummy Corporation on its series A fundraising
- BitMex on a number of seed, series A and series B investments
- Sinarmas Digital Ventures on its series A investment into Bizzy
- Beyond traditions on its series A investment into Fit3D
- Ranked: Hong Kong Corporate (including M&A), Legal 500, 2019.
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2014-2015
- University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012-2013
- University of Nottingham, BSc, Geography, 2009-2012
- Year qualified - 2017 (England and Wales)
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Law Society of England and Wales