Sam is a registered foreign lawyer based in Hong Kong, specialising in a number of areas including mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, joint ventures and corporate finance.
Prior to moving to Hong Kong, Sam spent a year as an associate in our London Corporate team where he worked with a number of clients including large financial institutions, FTSE 100 and FTSE 250 companies, private equity investors and small and medium sized private companies.
Since moving to Hong Kong, Sam has worked with listed companies, venture/growth funds and other financial institutions primarily located in Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Mongolia. He was the lead associate on our Hong Kong office's largest ever transaction to date, which involved investors from the USA, China and Cayman Islands.
Sam's transactional experience includes advising:
- ECI Partners on its management buyouts of M3 Consulting and Make It Cheaper
- Make It Cheaper on its bolt-on acquisition of Business Save
- Cicli Pinarello S.R.L on its acquisition of The Bike Rooms
- GVC on its up to €150million disposal of its Turkish online gaming business
- Intertrader on its acquisition of the Sigma trading business and Argon Financial
- Rathbone Brothers on its fundraise by way of placing to fund its £104million acquisition of Speirs & Jeffrey
- Egis on its HK$130million cross border acquisition of 55% of Ten Design
- BP Oil on its acquisition of Rusdene GSS and FWK Holdings and its subsequent reorganisation
- Gain Capital on its reorganisation of certain assets
- Sinarmas Digital Ventures on its Series A investment into Bizzy
- Beyond Traditions Investment on its Series A investment into Fit3D
- Ranked: Hong Kong Corporate (including M&A), Legal 500, 2019.
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2014-2015
- University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2012-2013
- University of Nottingham, BSc, Geography, 2009-2012
- Year qualified - 2017 (England and Wales)
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of Hong Kong
- The Law Society of England and Wales