Andrew is a partner in our Hong Kong office. He is qualified in New York and Hong Kong and has been practicing in Asia since 2003. Before joining Addleshaw Goddard, he was a partner in the Hong Kong office of a global law firm.
Andrew has extensive experience working with small to medium enterprises, listed companies, venture/growth funds and other financial institutions primarily located in Indonesia, Singapore, Hong Kong, China and Mongolia. He primarily handles corporate finance matters ranging from venture capital/private equity, M&A, joint ventures, capital markets, bank finance and fund formation for a wide range of investors, companies and financial institutions. His capital markets expertise covers equity, equity-linked and debt (with a specialty in high-yield). In 2014, Andrew was named the “high-yield rising star” by the IFLR.
Andrew is active in the start-up community in Hong Kong and SE Asia. He works closely with a number of incubators and venture capitalists advising early stage companies primarily in the technology industry.
- Acquisition of Kaixin Auto Group, a PRC based tech enabled used car dealership operator, by CM Seven Star Acquisition Corporation, a Nasdaq listed SPAC for approximately US$454 million
Venture Capital/ Private Equity
- Sunday Morning (Cayman) Limited, a social media application developer based in China, in its US$4 million Series A Preferred Share financing and its US$10 million convertible bond financing
- Bitmex Ventures, venture arm of a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange based in Hong Kong, in its US$2.8 million Series B investment into Modernity Financial Holdings, Ltd./Maicoin, a large financial technology company
- Yummy Corporation SEA Pte. Ltd., a food preparation kitchen based in Indonesia, in its US$3 million Series A Preferred Shares financing
Leverage Finance/ Banking
- Advised West 22nd Capital Advisors, a HK based family office, in its US$5 million secured revolving credit facility to a KKS trading affiliate formed by Wang Ying, the founder of T-Mall, one of China's largest B2C online marketplaces
- Advised Great Wall Investment X Limited, an affiliate of one of China's largest state-owned asset management companies, in its HK$240 million secured loan facility to S. Culture Holdings Inc., a HK stock exchange listed company engaged in the sale of footwear
- Advised GCL-Poly Energy Holdings Limited, a HK stock exchange listed manufacturer of solar products, on its subscription of HK$100 million convertible bonds from Asia Energy Logistics Group Limited, a HK stock exchange listed logistics company
- Advised Singularity Capital Group Limited, a HK based debt fund