Wendy is a managing associate in the Infrastructure, Projects and Energy team.
Wendy worked as a paralegal in projects for 10 years prior to training as a solicitor in 2007. She has acted for both public and private sector clients providing EU procurement advice in relation to major infrastructure projects (particularly PPP and PFIs) in a number of sectors including waste, transport and education.
Wendy has been involved in large scale and complex projects through all stages of the procurement including procurement advice, drafting tender and contract documentation, tender evaluation, contract negotiation and commercial close.
Wendy's experience includes:
- Wendy supported Suzanne Moir in advising on the jointly procured £120m NESS Energy for Waste Project acting for Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire and Moray Councils.
- Wendy was an integral part of the team who advised Dundee City Council and Angus Council throughout their £100m residual waste project.
- Wendy was part of the team advising Transport Scotland on the £7.7b ScotRail and £475m Caledonian Sleeper franchises, based on the DfT franchise process.
- Wendy has advised on procurements of a number of other transport projects, including the A92 DBFO Project and the Glasgow Southern Orbital DBFO Project.
- Wendy has also advised on the procurement of a number of accommodation projects including East Renfrewshire Council, Aberdeenshire Council and Midlothian Council schools projects in the first, second and third waves of Scottish Education PPP projects.
- Year Qualified
- Edinburgh University (Dip LP), 2007
- University of Strathclyde (LLB), 2006