Tony is a commercial real estate partner in the firm's Manchester office, and has extensive real estate knowledge, acting always with the aim of adding value and maximising opportunities in clients' real estate portfolios. This can involve all aspects of development and investment in real estate, together with leases, re-gears and sale and leasebacks. He is a longstanding adviser of many private companies and also several government organisations, and is able to consider matters from the perspective of both occupiers and those who take on property obligations or provide property services on behalf of others. He understands the issues that arise in real estate transactions and the best ways to resolve them.
Recent transactions include:
- Advising a major developer in dealing with all the aspects of the redevelopment disposal of a high value site in the City of London including procuring planning and subsequent appeal and successful defence at judicial review.
- Acting for a UK government department in their acquisition and fit out of bespoke city centre office premises.
- Leading the team that acts exclusively for a national retailer across the whole of its real estate portfolio (in relation to both contentious and non-contentious property matters).
- Acting for a major UK investor in several investment acquisitions of multi-let office and mixed use schemes across the country.
- University – Qualification University of Newcastle 1986
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB (Hons) – 2:1)
- Chester College of Law (Law Society Finals) 1987
- Year Qualified - 1989