Stewart is a Partner in the Funds and Indirect Real Estate Group and has over ten years' experience in the funds and indirect real estate market. He specialises in advising managers, funds, property companies (public and private) and investors (globally) on aspects of fund establishment, operation and management as well as secondary transfers of fund interests. Stewart also specialises in complex indirect real estate transactions including the establishment and operation of joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals of UK and European corporate structures, and corporate restructurings.
In 2015 Stewart spent six months on part time secondment to Schroders REIM as acting head of legal for their real estate division.
His recent experience includes advising:
- Angelo Gordon on the establishment of a UK domiciled joint venture structure and the subsequent acquisition of 55 Gresham Street
- Standard Life Investments on the structured acquisition of a portfolio of 22 UK assets through the purchase of an entire UK/offshore fund structure from Aviva Investors
- Galliard Homes on the establishment of a UK joint venture for the purpose of securing the change of use and redevelopment of an office complex in Hounslow
- GSA on the acquisition of a majority interest in a Guernsey domiciled fund, University Capital Trust and the subsequent assumption of all management functions of this fund from Valad
- Schroders REIM on the establishment of a UK joint venture for the purposes of acquiring 55 Bishopsgate
- Partners Group on their investment into the Mercer Real Estate Parties II fund
- Bridges Ventures on the establishment of a UK based fund structure for the purposes of investing in social impact investments
- Unite Students in respect of the sale of their London Student Investment Portfolio (a joint venture with Oasis Capital)
- Tristan Capital Partners and the establishment of its CCP III pan-European fund
Stewart has advised many other clients in recent years including Beltane Ltd, Capital Values, Development Securities plc, Grosvenor Fund Management, Hermes Fund Managers, Hines UK, and Tishman Speyer.
- Professional memberships
- Investment Property Forum (with which Stewart is actively involved)