Rory specialises in advising financial institutions (including banks and debt funds), bondholders, insolvency practitioners, large corporates, directors, private equity sponsors and other stakeholders on a wide range of restructuring and insolvency-related matters across a broad variety of sectors. He has also previously advised on leveraged/acquisition financings and trade financings.
Rory has a particular focus on complex, and cross-border financial restructurings involving a high number of jurisdictions and different stakeholders and places an emphasis on providing pragmatic, commercial and innovative but user-friendly advice.
Major transactions include advising:
- KCA Deutag (a global oil and gas services company) in connection with its USD 1.9bn financial restructuring (which involved a debt for equity swap implemented by way of an English law scheme of arrangement);
- the co-ordinating committee of lenders on the restructuring of Interpipe, a large Ukrainian steel manufacturer;
- a major private equity-owned outdoor recreation retailer in connection with a CVA and the related amendments to the group's existing debt facilities;
- the directors of the holding company of a leading Spanish power cables manufacturer on its proposed administration; and
- ING in its capacity as key lender and trade finance provider on the approx. USD 3.5bn restructuring of Noble Group, the global commodities trader.