Neil joined the firm's Manchester IPE team in 2015 following a 6 month secondment to Network Rail. Before embarking on a legal career Neil was an engineer for over 20 years, working in the fields of packaging, manufacturing and rail.
Neil's practice consists of a mix of transactions such as new projects, projects variations, outsourced services contracts, concessions, joint ventures and collaboration arrangements. Neil has a particularly strong practice in the Health and Transport sectors, advising clients on a wide variety of commercial, regulatory and construction/engineering issues.
Neil's experience includes:
- Advising Network Rail in connection with the Crossrail maintenance facility in Old Oak Common;
- Advising the NHS Business Services Authority in its procurement of a supplier of workforce medical services under the CCS Model Services Contract;
- Acting for Keolis and Amey on their joint bid for the Manchester Metrolink tram system operation and maintenance contract;
- Advising TfGM on its shared highway service model, in collaboration with a group of GMCA member local authorities;
- Advising the Department for Transport on the Intercity West Coast and West Midlands rail franchise competitions;
- Assisting SSE on the £1 billion Peterhead Carbon Capture and Storage project;
- Advising Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust in its pioneering buy-out of the PFI contract in respect of Hexham General Hospital and service provision to the Emergency Care Centre, Cramlington;
- Advising Diageo on redevelopment of its former brewery site in Park Royal, West London; and
- Advising University Hospitals of South Manchester NHS Foundation Trust on a variety of building and facilities management issues
- Year qualified: 2015
- Open University - LLB (Hons.)
- College of Law, Manchester - LPC