Michael is an Associate in the Financial Regulation team. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Michael was Legal Counsel at Bank of China (UK Limited and London Branch) and trained as a solicitor at a global law firm in the City. In addition to advising on financial markets and funds matters, Michael is developing a specialism in our Payments and Consumer Finance practices, both of which are ranked "Band 1" in Chambers and Partners.
Michael's experience includes:
- Advising a global bank on the customer and regulatory journey of its mobile application based SME savings account.
- Advising a US fin-tech on gaining authorisation for debt-administration and debt collection in the UK.
- Advising a number of listed and private corporate clients on mandates pertaining to outsourcing, open banking, regulated lending and consumer finance.
- Assisting a global software and technology company on its limited network exclusion notifications regarding its gift card programme to over a dozen EU regulators as a result of PSD2.
- Advising a global bank on the Consumer Credit Act aspects of its Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) products.