Michael is an Associate in the Financial Regulation team. Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Michael was Legal Counsel at Bank of China (UK Limited and London Branch) and trained as a solicitor at a global law firm in the City. Michael advises on financial markets, payments, funds and consumer finance matters.
Michael's experience includes:
- Advising a global bank on the customer and regulatory journey of its mobile application based SME savings account.
- Advising a number of listed and private corporate and banking clients on mandates pertaining to SEPA regulations, cryptocurrencies, open banking, regulated lending and consumer finance.
- Assisting a global technology company on its limited network exclusion notifications regarding its e-store gift card programme to over a dozen EU regulators as a result of PSD2 and the Payment Services Regulations.
- Conducting a MiFID II perimeter analysis for a Malaysian investment house's UK subsidiary.
- Advising a UK Fund Manager on the creation of new sub-funds.
- Advising a UK Fin Tech on the regulatory aspects of the creation of a tokenised commodities exchange.
- Advising a telecommunications company on its SUP15 notifications to the Financial Conduct Authority.
- Conducting a Root Cause Analysis investigation for a global insurance company in relation to potential mis-selling of Business Interruption policies during Covid-19.
- Advising a global bank on the Consumer Credit Act aspects of its Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme (CBILS) products.