Laura is an Associate in our construction team specialising in non-contentious construction.
Laura specialises in drafting and negotiating construction contracts and agreements for major infrastructure projects and providing construction advice on behalf of contractors, developers, sub-contractors, funders, members of the design team and public sector clients.
Laura has worked with clients across various sectors including commercial development, renewables (including wind and hydro), media, public sector and education.
Laura's team is regularly involved in advising on a wide range of transactions, from multi-million pound infrastructure and energy deals to smaller domestic matters.
- Advising a developer client building a £5.4 million 83-bed care home in Edinburgh, including working on building contract and full suite of professional appointments.
- Advising a Guernsey SPV client in the development of student accommodation across a number of different projects in Edinburgh (£12m), Liverpool, Bristol, and Exeter including advising on project structure, novations, performance security, bonds, and guarantees.
- Acting for the purchaser of the EICC in Edinburgh in the due diligence process and related construction aspects of the transaction, and in their new role as landlord.
- Advising an institutional property development and investment company and other developers on grade A refurbishments of office developments in Edinburgh (£3.5m) and Birmingham and the refurbishment of a former primary school into apartments.
- Advising a developer in relation to construction contracts for the £42m fit-out of new apartments, a media centre, TV studios and a cinema in central London.
- Year qualified: 2014
- University of Strathclyde – Diploma in Legal Practice (2012)
- University of Glasgow – Masters' Degree in International Law (2009)
- University of Glasgow – Bachelors' Degree in Law with French Legal Studies (2006)
- French – fluent conversational
- Spanish – basic/conversational