Kira is a compliance manager, in the Financial Regulation compliance team. Kira previously worked in the regulatory advisory practice of one of the big 4 consultancy firms, where she specialised in providing technical advice to clients on financial regulation, policy writing and interpreting and implementing regulatory changes. Whilst in this role, Kira was also seconded to some of their largest banking clients, giving her widespread in-house experience. Prior to this, Kira worked for the Financial Ombudsman Service for circa 4 years, as an adjudicator, resolving complex complaints between consumers and large regulated firms. She also helped to prepare the service for regulatory reform and supported in the training of new adjudicators.
Kira's experience includes:
- Advising on PSD2 (e.g. supporting with the authorisation process by reviewing RBP's, drafting policies and procedures, reviewing documentation, providing GAP analysis pre submission and responding to any questions from the regulator)
- Drafting policies for firms, across many different sectors, on a range of topics (e.g. TCF, Vulnerable customers, Reporting and Notifications, Complaint handling, Financial crime, AML, Anti-bribery, Approved persons and Collections)
- Developing risk frameworks and compliance monitoring plans
- Conducting regulatory health checks of firms internal systems and controls
- Reviewing services provided by firms and identifying regulated activities
- Carrying out compliance and conduct reviews for clients