Chris is an Associate in our Financial Regulation team specialising in Financial Markets. Chris has experience advising fund managers, financial institutions and fintech start-ups across a wide range of regulatory matters, focussing on EU and UK financial regulation including AIFMD, MiFID II and UK FSMA, as well as other securities and financial services laws and legislation. Chris has previously spent time on secondment with a UK fund manager and administrator, advising on both special projects and business as usual activity across the group of companies.
Prior to joining Addleshaw Goddard, Chris worked at an international law firm – his recent experience includes:
- advising a major pension plan and a private equity investment firm on a $1.4 billion investment in a global wealth management platform.
- advising a leading European private equity investor on the acquisition of one of the UK’s largest independent financial and planning advisors.
- advising a significant European private equity fund manager in connection with regulatory matters for one of 2022's largest European fundraises (€9 billion hard cap).
- advising major UK, EU and US private equity, credit and retail fund managers on the establishment and regulation of fund structures including UCITS, NURS and AIFs, including ongoing compliance review of applicable marketing and financial promotions regimes, and drafting contracts such as investment management and sponsorship agreements.
- advising on the UK financial regulatory perimeter, including whether proposed new ventures constitute regulated activities and on appropriate legal structures and options for new client business.
- LPC MSc, The University of Law, 2018
- LLB Law, The University of Birmingham, 2017