Ayesha is a specialist data protection lawyer and qualified data protection practitioner (PDP). She has worked with clients across a range of sectors, particularly within the financial services, professional services and retail sectors.
Ayesha advised several large clients, as lead associate, in the run up to GDPR launch in May 2018 – conducting data audits, drafting GDPR-compliant policies and advising on implementation. She regularly advises clients on day-to-day data protection and privacy matters, such as on complex data sharing arrangements (often involving overseas transfers), building compliant electronic marketing strategies, data commercialisation, and managing data breaches and challenging data subject access requests.
Recent experience includes:
- Advising financial services clients on GDPR and marketing compliance matters – including drafting an innovative user-friendly privacy notice for a digital bank and acting as lead associate advisor to a FTSE 100 client on the development of an online business banking app
- Advising a professional services client on its intra-group data sharing arrangements – including preparing data sharing agreement and standard contractual clauses for the transfer of data into and out of the UK in light of Brexit
- Advising the buyer in connection with the purchase of an energy business – advising on risks and potential liabilities associated with receiving energy customer data from the seller following the purchase, negotiating contractual protections in the business purchase and transitional services agreements
- Preparing and negotiating data contracts for an insurance business – including advising on contracts with credit agencies, intermediaries and processors
- Secondment to a UK wholesale group – including advising on and preparing GDPR policy documents, assisting with roll-out and training, and providing ongoing data protection and privacy advice
- German - good command