28 years of experience in private practice across a broad range of corporate and commercial work, including general corporate transactional work (acquisitions and disposals), equity investments and commercial contracts of a wide variety.
Specific interest in the retail and consumer, water and technology sectors but client base extends to international manufacturing businesses as well. Developed a niche in water sector transactions in recent years having led Castle Water's highly innovative acquisitions of Thames Water, Portsmouth Water and Cobalt Water.
Non-Executive Director of Fizz Benefits Limited and also provides business mentoring support to various high growth businesses through Scottish Enterprise.
Andrew's experience includes:
- Acted for Castle Water in its acquisitions of Thames Water, Portsmouth Water and Cobalt Water
- Acted for Daring Foods in its "Delaware flip" exercise involving the establishment of a new US parent company and US investment then being raised and taken into that US parent
- Acted for Quin Global in its strategic acquisition of a Dutch company
- Acted for Tokheim Solutions in its acquisitions of P & C Advisory Services and Cameron Forecourt
- Acted for Arbnco in various large private equity funding rounds
- French (fluent)
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
"Andrew Walker is a strong technical lawyer providing commercial advice delivered efficiently within any timescales required and consistently demonstrating a clear understanding of his clients' needs"
Andrew Steel, Founder and Managing Partner, Cairngorm Capital
"Andrew Walker has provided our company with an outstanding level of service over recent months across a wide range of services including
- Acquisition of a European limited company
- Trading supply agreements
- Global Technology sharing agreements
- Global Brand sharing and IP agreements
The degree of personal interest taken in providing the appropriate degree & scope of legalese throughout has been quite impressive, and greatly appreciated especially in areas that were outwith our own areas of expertise.
Additionally, the speed of response to enquiries was superior to that of other previous providers, and matters were always managed in an extremely timely manner.
Overall, we are completely satisfied with the service that we have enjoyed from Addleshaw Goddard "
Allister Fowler, Managing Director, Quin Global (UK) Ltd