Ton van den Bosch is a partner in our Corporate and Commercial Division and head of our Singapore office.
Ton is a corporate, restructuring and project development specialist with a strong reputation in the energy, offshore, logistics, ports, transportation, infrastructure and terminals industries in frontier and emerging markets in Africa, the Gulf and in Asia.
He has more than 12 years of experience with international law firms in Singapore, Amsterdam, New York and Jakarta and around 10 years of experience as general counsel, first of a global FPSO owner and oil & gas contractor and, more recently, of a global listed terminal operator headquartered in the Philippines.
Ton is a member of the board of the Dutch chamber of commerce in Singapore and a regular author and speaker on topics related to infrastructure, energy and ports. Ton is dual qualified, admitted to the Dutch bar, qualified to practise in England and Wales and he is registered as a foreign lawyer in Singapore.
Ton's recent experience includes advising:
- Cairn Energy plc on the US$ 4.2 billion Sangomar field development offshore Senegal
- the sponsor on the concession, development and US$ 300 million project financing of a container terminal in Webb Dock in Melbourne
- the owner on the deployment and conversion of the FPSO Aoka Mizu for the Nexen operated Ettrick field in the UK sector of the North Sea
- the sponsor on the development of the US$ 130 million Basra Gateway Terminal in the port of Umm Qasr in Iraq
- the sponsor on the development (and joint venture with a local Congolese company and the Congolese government) of the US$ 100 million terminal at Matadi, DR Congo
- the owner on the deployment, upgrade and US$ 180 million project financing of the FPSO Glas Dowr for the ENI operated Kitan field off Timor-Leste
- the Port of Rotterdam on the US$ 2.6 billion joint venture and brownfield development of the Kuala Tanjung port and industrial estate in the North of Sumatra in Indonesia
- Ton is a regular author and speaker on topics related to oil & gas, LNG, terminals, infrastructure, foreign direct investment in Asia, restructuring and corporate finance. Examples include numerous articles in trade publications such as TradeWinds, Port Strategy, the American Journal of Transportation and Lloyd's List and contributing to the comprehensive handbook Indonesian Bankruptcy Law (Jakarta, Tatanusa, 1999, ISBN 979-8409-05-01).
- Year Qualified
- 2004: Admitted as legal consultant to the Supreme Court of the State of New York, Appellate Division, First Department
- 2002: Admitted as solicitor to the Supreme Court of England and Wales
- 1998: Admitted to the bar as Dutch advocaat
- Dutch - native
- English - fluent
- French - conversational
- German - conversational
- Leiden University, the Netherlands (1997)
- Professional Memberships
- The Law Society of England and Wales
- Dutch Bar Association
- Member of the board of the Dutch chamber of commerce in Singapore
"Ton van den Bosch is an excellent lawyer in his field. He has a special mix of in-house and law firm experience. He knows his area exceptionally well and is able to practically apply his knowledge to the issues at hand."
The Asia Pacific 2020 Legal 500