Ton van den Bosch is a partner in our Corporate and Commercial Division in our Singapore office.
Ton is a corporate, infrastructure and project development lawyer with a strong reputation in the energy, offshore, logistics, ports, transportation, infrastructure and terminals industries in frontier and emerging markets in Africa and in Asia. Ton is dual qualified, has more than 10 years of experience with international law firms in Singapore, Amsterdam, New York and Jakarta and around 10 years of experience as general counsel, first of a global oil & gas contractor and, more recently, of a global terminal operator headquartered in the Philippines.
Ton is a member of the board of the maritime & offshore committee of the Dutch chamber of commerce in Singapore and a regular author and speaker on topics related to oil, gas, LNG, terminals, logistics, supply chain and corporate finance. Ton qualified in the Netherlands, is qualified to practise in England and Wales and is registered as a foreign lawyer in Singapore.
Ton's recent experience includes:
- Advising the sponsor on the concession, development and US$300m project financing of a container terminal in Webb Dock in Melbourne
- Advising the owner on the deployment and conversion of the FPSO Aoka Mizu for the Nexen operated Ettrick field in the UK sector of the North Sea
- Advising sponsors, operators and investors on acquisitions, concessions, PPPs, tenders, privatizations, joint ventures, production sharing agreements, strategic partnerships and foreign direct investment in the terminals and energy sectors, including in Angola, Nigeria, Kenya, Guinea Bissau, Greece, Honduras, Colombia, Brazil, Indonesia, India, Vietnam, Bangladesh, the Philippines and Malaysia
- Distressed acquisition of an FPSO for potential deployment in Africa
- Advising an oil & gas contractor on the sale of single-point mooring systems for deployment in oil terminals in South America, the Middle East, Africa and Southeast Asia
- Advising the owner on the deployment of the FPSO Munin on the Lufeng field in the South China Sea
- Acting for a NYSE listed transportation and logistics company on a US$161m joint venture with a Chinese yard and vendor financing for eight platform supply vessels
- Advising on complex restructurings in Indonesia during the Asian financial crisis
- Advising the owner on the sale of a 55% stake in the FPSO Jotun A to an oil major
- Advising the sponsor on the development of the US$130m Basra Gateway Terminal in the port of Umm Qasr in Iraq
- Acquisitions and disposals of terminals in the Netherlands, Japan and in India
- Greenfield and brownfield development of tank storage terminals, iron ore terminals and container terminals, including in Madagascar, Nigeria, Liberia, Pakistan, Indonesia and the Philippines
- Advising the sponsor on the development (and joint venture with a local Congolese company and the Congolese government) of the US$100m terminal at Matadi, DR Congo
- Advising the owner on the deployment, upgrade and US$180m project financing of the FPSO Glas Dowr for the ENI operated Kitan field off Timor-Leste
- Dutch (native)
- English (fluent)
- French (conversational)
- German (conversational)