Sarah is an experienced member of the senior team within the mainstream Real Estate department of Addleshaw Goddard in Leeds. She trained and qualified at the firm, and was promoted to Managing Associate in 2018. Sarah has particular experience of working with institutional/investor clients (including Aberdeen Standard, British Land and Federated Hermes), and also clients within the retail sector, on a broad range of commercial property work including high value acquisitions and disposals, site assembly for the purpose of development, sales and leasebacks, lease re-gears and general landlord and tenant work.
Additional experience includes a knowledge of agricultural law, having advised on both farm business tenancies and 1986 Act tenancies and acquisitions/disposals of agricultural land.
- Advising Aberdeen Standard on the £70 million sale of a shopping centre and retail park in Birmingham.
- Advising a leading supermarket retailer on a high value lease re-gear of London office accommodation for one of their group companies.
- Advising British Land on various lettings (and other asset management matters) at a c.100 unit shopping centre in Hull, including an anchor letting to Boots, and advising the same client in relation to the proposed development of surplus land at the scheme to provide an additional retail offering.
- Advising a leading supermarket retailer on a lease re-gear of one of their London stores, including the development of additional land to bring forward an extension to the store together with new residential accommodation, involving viability pre-conditions and a profit share payment with the landowner on practical completion of the scheme.
- Advising a land promoter on a strategy for obtaining vacant possession of a site to be promoted for development, the site being subject to a 1986 Act agricultural tenancy.
Sarah balances a strong legal knowledge base and a particular attention to detail with tenacity and commercial understanding, always ensuring robust advice is provided to the client.
(Development surveyor, leading supermarket retailer)