Louise is the Head of our real estate and hospitality practice in the Middle East.
Louise has developed considerable experience in a wide range of real estate and hospitality matters in the Middle East over her twelve years there, including advising on:
- The acquisition and disposal of plots, manmade islands, residential properties, retail units, commercial buildings, industrial sites and hotels
- Substantial lettings, concessions, musatahas, usufructs and built-to-suit arrangements
- Agreements relating to the management and operation of mixed-use developments, jointly owned property/strata scheme developments, hotels, golf courses, leisure clubs, private jet terminals, retail and commercial spaces in airports, and employee labour compounds
She is one of the very few specialists in the region that has genuine regional hands-on experience of advising on master community developments, mixed use developments, jointly owned property developments, gated communities and strata scheme developments.
Her wider real estate experience covers real estate finance, restructurings and joint ventures. She is also familiar with the structural requirements of Shari’a-compliant real estate transactions.
Louise has worked on some of the market’s first real estate transactions in the Middle East structured for international institutional investors.
She represents a wide range of clients including government entities, international and local corporates, luxury fashion houses, hotel and resort owners, high-net-worth individuals, airport operators, oil field operators, school operators, private equity firms, project sponsors, sellers, purchasers, investors, owners, developers, lenders, borrowers to landlords and tenants.
Louise is also a Chartered Accountant. She is also a registered Will Draftsman with the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) Wills Service Centre and can therefore draft wills for clients.
- The College of Law, Sydney, Australia - Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia - Post Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accounting
- Murdoch University, Perth, Australia - Bachelor of Laws
- The University of Western Australia - Bachelor of Commerce in Accounting and Finance
- The University of Western Australia - Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- Admitted as solicitor and barrister - Supreme Court of New South Wales, Australia
- Admitted as legal practitioner - High Court of Australia
“Louise Vun is praised for her commercial acumen. One commentator said she is “very switched-on and knowledgeable, and aware of the topical issues that affect us”.” Chambers Global 2013, UAE, Real Estate
"The insights from the firm are practical, commercially astute and legally strong while at the same time flexible to incorporate inputs from all parties to enable deal closures." Sobha Engineering & Contracting LLC
"A solid, formidable, highly reliable and competent real estate team also savvy in multi-jurisdictional and high value complex structures. A further strength is the team's ability to converse in Mandarin which amply positions the team on the regional and global stage in terms of deliverables and value outcomes." China State Construction Engineering Corporation (Middle East) LLC
- Download our PDF guides for expertise in the GCC
Our Dubai practice operates as a regional hub supporting clients with diverse business interests, both on the ground in the United Arab Emirates and across both the Gulf region and Africa.