Emma is a Legal Director in our Manchester Real Estate team. Emma has extensive experience in and deals with a wide range of non-contentious real estate work including landlord and tenant, property management, investment and development acquisitions and disposals and all associated matters. Emma has acted on a number of high profile developments, including mixed use, student accommodation, leisure and office developments, advising on forward funding agreements, development agreements, overage, put and call options and conditional contracts.
- Advising Manchester City Council on the acquisition of a long lease and the development of a cultural facility on land at First Street, Manchester, including negotiating the development provisions in the agreement for lease.
- Acting on behalf of Chetham’s School of Music in relation to the acquisition of a site adjacent to Victoria Station, Manchester and on the subsequent development, funding and ancillary issues.
- Advising Northpoint Limited on the acquisition of Tower Wharf, Chester and subsequently negotiating and agreeing a development agreement with a house builder, acting on the sale of part of the site to a student accommodation provider and dealing with development, funding and other site issues.
- Acting on behalf of The Christie NHS Foundation Trust in relation to development agreements and the taking of leases at sites at Royal Oldham Hospital and Salford Royal Hospital for the development and provision of ambulatory radiotherapy centres.
- Dealing with the acquisition of a development site at Pebble Mill, Birmingham and the subsequent development and funding issues on behalf of a student accommodation provider.
- Sheffield University – LLB Law
- Nottingham Law School – Diploma in Legal Practice
- Year Qualified: 2002
Emma Tonge "helps to progress matters and get things over the line" according to impressed commentators. She is a senior associate handling the full spectrum of transactional real estate work. Clients see her as "commercial and very approachable"
Chambers & Partners (2018)
Emma Tonge is very well thought of by clients, who say she is a "consistent, thorough individual who just gets on and deals with stuff". Another commentator remarks: "She’s a star as far as we’re concerned, and one of the best associates I have come across. She is always prepared to go the extra mile for her clients".
Chambers & Partners (2016)