Simon is a recognised Restructuring expert and has been a Partner at Addleshaw Goddard since 2013.
He has expertise in cases involving infrastructure, shipping, aviation, retail, energy, manufacturing and telecommunications in both domestic and international situations.
His clients include Hudson Advisors/Lone Star Funds, RBS, PwC, FTI, Deloitte and Duff & Phelps.
Recent instructions include:
- Lone Star Funds/Hudson Advisors in respect of various multi-million pound investments.
- RBS in respect of various successful business turnarounds.
- PwC as administrators of the Imtech Group, a £500m turnover/2000 employee group of infrastructure, engineering and construction companies.
- PA Resources, acting for an upstream oil & gas group with 16 companies in 9 jurisdictions.
- Deloitte as administrators, advice in relation to 22 trading care homes. Detailed planning was successfully undertaken in order to secure the future prosperity of the 1600 bed group of homes.
- FTI, advice to 8 companies within the Climate Energy Group.
- Duff & Phelps as administrators of the Puma Hotel Group of 21 hotels and also as liquidators of Axminster Carpets.
- KPMG as liquidators of the Prestbury Group.
- PwC, acting for the administrators of a 19 company real estate investment portfolio owned by Asset Trust.
- PwC as the administrators of the Euromix cement business in respect of the pre-pack sale to Lafarge Tarmac.
- Broadcrown, acting for the administrators of a power generator manufacturer in respect of a pre-pack sale to JCB.
Recommended in Legal 500 (2018)
Recommended in Thomson Reuters' lawyer rating publication, Super Lawyers
- Professional memberships
Simon is a member of the Turnaround Management Association