Nick specialises in property development and investment. He also advises on investment and development finance matters, for both investors/developers and lenders.
Nick acts for a leading retail supermarket operator and advises on the legal aspects of their growing property portfolio. He has a great deal of experience in the acquisition, letting, disposal and financing of all major types of property for clients ranging from small owner occupiers to multi-national operators.
Nick is admitted as a solicitor in Scotland, England and Northern Ireland. He is the current Convenor of the Admissions Regulatory Sub Committee at the Law Society of Scotland and a member of the Professional Practice Sub Committee and the Rules and Waivers Committees at the Law Society of Scotland. He is also a member of the Investment Property Forum.
Nick has acted for banks, promoters and investors in connection with unregulated Collective Investment Schemes and the constitution, formation and management of the scheme as well as suitable exit strategies for the varios interested parties. He has also advised public sector and charitable bodies.
- Acts as lead legal adviser for Aldi Stores Limited in connection with their Scottish property portfolio
- Advised in the acquisition, development and financing of a major retail investment in Glasgow for a large Offshore based developer/investor
- Advised upon the creation and disposal of a new c.£10m investment property in Glasgow for a London based syndicated fund within extraordinarily tight timescales
- Advised a major English based retailer on their acquisition of leasehold interests in retail warehouses throughout Scotland
- Professional memberships
- Investment Property Forum
- Strathclyde University, LLB (Hons) (1988-1992)
- Strathclyde University, PG Dip LP (1993-1994)
- Queens University Belfast, PG Diploma (Restricted QLTT) (2001-2002)
- Year qualified:
- Scotland (1997)
- England & Wales (2000)