Nick specialises in real estate related project development. He also advises on investment and development finance matters, for both investors/developers and lenders.
Nick has acted for project developers, funders and investors in a wide variety of different real estate resource based projects. From plain vanilla property development to project finance and renewable energy developments, including onshore and offshore wind and energy production facilities.
Nick also acts for a leading retail supermarket operator and advises on the legal aspects of their growing property portfolio. He has a great deal of experience in the acquisition, letting, disposal and financing of all major types of property for clients ranging from small owner occupiers to multi-national operators.
- Acting for bidders in major OFTO auction dealing with nature and extent of land rights, sufficiency and limitations on usage and importantly the appropriateness for security and funding purposes
- Acting for major windfarm developer in acquisition and variation of property interests across various Scottish based developments to include negotiating and obtaining development and ongoing rights over land and connection agreements with landowners and agents
- Acting for a community wind energy developer in relation to a Syndicate refinance of post completion windfarm assets in the Western Isles.
- Leading a team carrying out development project management for major UK property owner occupier, site assembly, consents, licenses, procurement and risk management issues across 80+ sites with approximately 10 schemes under progress at any one time.
- Acting for listed utilities company in the preparation for and completion of sale of a combined organic waste treatment and energy generating facility in Scotland.
- Acting for private equity funds in the structuring and formation of tax incentivised UK based brownfield regeneration schemes to deal with fund promotion, formation, site assembly, procurement, pre letting and financing.
In addition to his private practice Nick has taught professional practice at University and is currently the Convener of the Rules Waivers and Guidance Committee at the Law Society of Scotland.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland (Admitted 1996)
- Law Society of England and Wales (Admitted 2001)
- Law Society of Northern Ireland (Admitted 2002)