James specialises in working capital finance products and receivables financing including specialty finance, consumer finance funding, asset-based lending, borrowing base facilities, trade finance and supply chain finance. James acts for banks, financial institutions, alternative credit providers, agents/security agents and corporate borrowers on a range of transactions covering re-financings, restructurings and acquisition financings in addition to developing sector specific receivables financing products.
James' experience includes advising:
- a lender in respect of a £15m senior revolving collateral base facility provided to a Fin Tec business
- a lender in relation to a £100m+ collateral base facilities made available to a consumer finance group of companies
- ABL and receivables finance providers on a broad range of full ABL facilities involving underlying sponsor backed acquisitions
- an automotive finance business on its underlying product documentation as part of securing further investment
- a lender as mandated lead arranger alongside a syndicate of lenders in relation to a £245m syndicated borrowing base revolving credit facility
- ABLs, trade financers and banks in relation to bespoke multi-jurisdictional, borrowing base, supply chain and trade finance facilities in addition to portfolio management and portfolio disposals
- The University of Edinburgh – MA Hons Politics – 2003
- The College of Law – PGDL – 2005
- The College of Law – LPC – 2006
"A thorough and industrious associate"
Legal 500 (2016)