Daryl is an Associate in our Real Estate and Hospitality practice in the Middle East.
He acts for institutional investors, government entities, developers, multinational companies, banks, and prominent family groups on all aspects of property acquisitions, disposals, development, financing, and leasing across the GCC.
Daryl is experienced in advising clients on a wide range of commercial property transactions and projects, including those involving mixed-use developments, industrial assets, retail tenancies, offices, schools, hospitals, hotels, infrastructure projects, employee accommodation, airports, and build-to-suit facilities.
Daryl has also been on secondment to the legal team of a major GCC development company.
Some of the transactions that Daryl has been involved in include advising:
- A joint venture between sovereign wealth funds on developing a hospital in Oman;
- A master developer in relation to the sale and leaseback of an international school in Dubai;
- A Fortune 500 company specialising in waste and water management on various aspects of a bid to build, operate and transfer (BOT) a district cooling plant near the Expo 2020 site in Dubai;
- A state-owned fund (as landlord) on the lease of employee accommodation facilities in Oman;
- HSBC on a build-to-suit project for the establishment of a new branch;
- An investment company linked to the royal family in relation to granting a ground lease for the development of a shopping mall in the UAE;
- An NYSE-listed multinational cosmetics company in relation to the lease of its regional headquarters in Dubai;
- A real estate fund on the acquisition of a shopping mall anchored by a hypermarket operator;
- A master developer on developing industrial and warehousing facilities for a number of major manufacturers;
- A well-known Omani developer on its first mixed-used project in Downtown Dubai (including the preparation of template documents such as disclosure statements, sale and purchase agreements, the jointly owned property declaration, and other necessary forms).
- Professional qualifications
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, Australia (2014)
- Bachelor of Laws (Hons I), Griffith University (Queensland, Australia)
- Download our PDF guides for expertise in the GCC