Corinne is experienced in the legal and commercial aspects of construction projects in the UK and internationally. Before qualifying as a solicitor, she first qualified as a chartered quantity surveyor working a number of years with construction adjudicators, arbitrators and experts. Having her double professional qualification, and her previous role as in-house counsel, have meant that she is able to quickly understand clients' commercial and technical drivers in construction and engineering projects.
Corinne regularly assists clients with drafting and negotiating building and engineering contracts and professional team appointments. Her practice also includes acting for parties involved in complex high-value construction disputes in legal proceedings including arbitration, adjudication, litigation and all forms of alternative dispute resolution.
Examples of Corinne's experience include:
- acting for an international property developer on a suite of construction, development and financing agreements in relation to large-scale residential and hotel projects in London. This involved preparing and negotiating numerous building contracts, professional team appointments and ancillary agreements; managing the legal interface with a suite of project documentation; and advising on the construction aspects of financing agreements
- acting for a funder reporting on building contracts in relation to various hotel developments
- acting for a funder reviewing a building contract in relation to a student accommodation scheme
- advising a project co on defects in relation to a number of care homes
- acting for an international contractor in a termination dispute in relation to a renewable energy project
- acting for an international contractor in a delay and disruption dispute in relation to a mining project
- acting for an international contractor in a delay and disruption dispute in relation to a major infrastructure project
- Mandarin - good command
- Member of the Society of Construction Law