Ben specialises in asset finance and leasing.
He advises funders, lessees, lessors and brokers on a diverse range of asset finance and leasing matters such as operating and finance leasing, equipment and receivables financing, buying and selling lease books, structured asset finance transactions, block discounting and stocking finance.
Ben has significant experience in funding a variety of asset types including commercial vehicles, computer hardware and software, energy assets (renewable and non-renewable), marine assets, medical equipment, plant and machinery, rail assets (including rolling stock) and telecommunications equipment.
- Advising White Oak Partners LLP in connection with the acquisition of the LDF Group from Cabot Partners, including full legal due diligence of the leasing business.
- Advising a funder in connection with a £5.12 million loan facility for the purpose of acquiring a glasshouse energy centre.
- Advising an originator in connection with the securitisation of its lease and equipment finance portfolio.
- Advising a leading UK bank in relation to its documentation suite for use with SME customers.
- Advising a UK lessor in connection with a circa £20 million sale of equipment and receivables facility relating to IT contracts.