Katy is an Associate within the Commercial division, with experience advising clients on a wide variety of matters for clients in the financial services and retail sectors in particular.
Katy has experience across a broad spectrum of commercial matters, ranging from preparing bespoke commercial contracts for day-to-day operations to advising on non-contentious IP. Katy also has in-depth experience in advising on data protection compliance matters (in particular compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation.
Katy's recent experience includes:
- Providing project support and advice to one of Scotland's largest children's charities with their GDPR compliance project.
- Advising a national menswear brand on its consumer law compliance, and assisting with the GDPR review of their business.
- Leading the update of numerous privacy policies for a large insurance broker in relation to their GDPR compliance project.
- Advising on the commercial, IP, IT and data protection aspects of numerous corporate deals.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- Diploma in Professional Legal Practice, University of Edinburgh (2014-2015)
- Scots Law (LLB Hons), University of Aberdeen (2010-2014)