Peter's practice covers corporate lending, acquisition finance, asset-based lending and real estate finance and he has recently advised on a number of private equity backed acquisitions.
Peter has particular expertise in growth finance transactions, where the collateral for lending is based on the intellectual property rights of the borrower, whether held in the UK or abroad. He has a keen focus on the digital sector.
Peter has gained significant experience in relation to asset-based lending transactions and works closely with a number of the key providers in the Scottish market.
He also advises on lending to individuals and more unusual particularly where such transactions come into contact with the Consumer Credit Act. He regularly advises lenders in relation to the funding of high net worth individuals.
Peter has been on secondment with Clydesdale Bank and has spent time in-house with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- Advised Clydesdale Bank Growth Finance in relation to their provision of cashflow and invoice discounting facilities to Formformform Ltd, the business owning the rights to Sugru, the innovative silicon based mouldable glue.
- Advised the Royal Bank of Scotland plc and RBS Invoice Finance Limited in relation to facilities provided to fund the private equity backed MBO of Cranew Limited, who own the Vango and Blacks brands of outdoor equipment.
- Advised RBS Invoice Finance in relation to their provision of full ABL facilities to a leading timber supply business.
- Advised the Robertson Group in relation to the provisions of new facilities provided to the group by Santander.
- Advised Bank of Scotland Private Banking in relation to the restructure and refinance of the facilities of a number of high net worth customers.
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland
- University of Dundee, LLB