Peter's practice covers leveraged finance, corporate lending and borrowing, asset-based lending and speciality finance and he has recently advised on the project finance aspects of a wind farm project.
Peter has particular expertise in leveraged transactions, where he has acted on transactions involving some of the most well known participants in the Scottish and wider UK markets, acting for lenders, borrowers and sponsors. He has a keen focus on the digital sector and has acted on a number of growth finance deals in this sector.
Peter has gained significant experience in relation to asset-based lending transactions and works closely with a number of the key providers in the Scottish market. Peter also has experience with the Consumer Credit market and works with a number of lenders who offer regulated products.
Peter has been on secondment with Clydesdale Bank and has spent time in-house with The Royal Bank of Scotland plc.
- acting for Cairngorm Capital in relation to the funding of the acquisition of Thornbridge Sawmills Limited and subsequent acquisitions in relation to the establishment and expansion of the National Timber Group
- acting for Brickability plc, the specialist building materials distributor, in relation to its funding requirements to support its Initial Public Offering and its subsequent refinance to another funder
- acting for HSBC in relation to facilities provided to the Albert Bartlett Group of companies to support their expansion into the chilled and frozen foods markets
- acting for NIBC Bank in providing specialty finance to LendingCrowd on of the leading innovative fintech lenders in Scotland providing loans on its platform system to SME businesses across Scotland and the UK
- acting for the Royal Bank of Scotland plc and RBS Invoice Finance Limited in relation to facilities provided to fund the private equity backed MBO of Cranew Limited, who own the Vango and Blacks brands of outdoor equipment
- acting for the Robertson Residential Group in relation to the provisions of new facilities provided to the group by Santander
- Professional memberships
- Law Society of Scotland