Lee is a partner in the firm's Corporate Division and heads the Investment Management Group. He is also Co-Head of the Real Estate sector.
He specialises in advising both managers of and investors in UK, pan-European and global investment funds operating across the real estate, infrastructure and private equity sectors. Lee's work with fund managers covers advice on all aspects of fund formation and the establishment of fund management business as well as in relation to investors, advice on fund investments, co-investments and acquisitions/disposals of portfolios of fund interests in the secondary market.
Additionally, Lee regularly advises a range of property companies (both public and private), institutional investors and real estate fund managers on complex corporate wrapped real estate transactions, including investments/divestments, joint ventures and corporate restructurings as well as the associated management arrangements.
In recent years, Lee has been responsible for advising numerous clients including Aviva Investors, Dandara, Battersea Power Station Development Company, Telereal Trillium.
- Advising Telereal Trillium on its 50:50 joint venture with Blackstone in respect of The Arches portfolio acquired from Network Rail
- Advising Dandara on the establishment of its PRS platform (comprising 2,500+ apartments across Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds) and indirect corporate disposal of the properties to ECE
- Advising Singapore Press Holdings on its acquisition of the Student Castle student accommodation business and 7-strong portfolio
- Advising Battersea Power Station Development Company on the c.£1.6bn disposal of Battersea Power Station
- Advising Kajima Properties on its pan-European joint venture with Panattoni
- Advising Cheung Kei on its acquisition of 5 Churchill Place, Canary Wharf
- Professional Memberships
- Member of the Public Affairs Committee for INREV
- The Investment Property Forum