Layla is an associate in the Litigation team, based in London. She has experience in a wide-range of commercial litigation, including civil fraud, finance and insurance claims. She has also advised on reputation management issues, including defamation and privacy.
She has experience in cross-border arbitration and has been seconded to the firm's Dubai office.
Prior to training at the firm, Layla worked at the International Chamber of Commerce Global Headquarters and as a paralegal in Paris.
- Acting for a Bahraini investment bank and Saudi Arabia's largest real estate development company in a $1 billion dispute in the Commercial Court involving allegations of conspiracy, money laundering, breach of confidence and defamation.
- Acting for a major UK Bank in its recovery of outstanding partnership capital loans following the Chapter XI bankruptcy (USA) of an international law firm, including (i) in terms of the substance of the dispute, issues of agency, misrepresentation as well as arguments connected with the Consumer Credit Act; and (ii) bringing proceedings against foreign nationals based out of the jurisdiction.
- Acting for a major Indian conglomerate in an LCIA arbitration arising out of a joint venture dispute in UAE with a FTSE 100 company
- Acting for Ekaterina Berezovskaya in matter relating to the Estate of Boris Berezovsky
- Acting for a property development company in a dispute with its insurer in relation to losses suffered as a result of subsidence at a property.
- Successfully obtaining summary judgment for our clients, 8 Miles LLP, in a dispute concerning the creation of a private equity fund and involving investments in Africa
- Admitted as a solicitor in England and Wales: 2016
- BPP University Law School – Legal Practice Course (2015)
- The University of Nottingham – LLB (Hons) in Law (2011)
- French (Fluent)