An experienced commercial lawyer, dual-qualified in Scotland and England & Wales, Kerry spent many years specialising in Litigation and Dispute Resolution in London before relocating to Scotland and focusing on Construction law.
Working with a wide range of clients, including developers, contractors and funders, Kerry advises in relation to the construction aspects of real estate / corporate / banking transactions and specialises in the negotiation, review and drafting of professional team appointments and third party reliance in relation to building developments.
- Advising a national developer in connection with the forward funding of the design and construction of multiple warehouses including reviewing the construction aspects of the Development Funding Agreement; drafting the suite of professional appointments and advising in connection with collateral warranties / third party rights.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary legal team advising a global investor in connection with the construction aspects of the acquisition of multiple out of town retail sites located throughout the UK; conducting due diligence in respect of the sites and reporting to the client on the risk profile of the investment.
- Advising a hotel provider in connection with the contracts to procure remedial works required to remove cladding from the exterior of a site in respect of which it was the tenant.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team advising a property fund in connection with the construction aspects of the disposal of a UK retail park; including responding to enquiries from the Purchaser's solicitors.
- Advising an international client in connection with the appointment of the professional team on a project involving the extensive refurbishment of a listed building in London.
- Part of a multi-disciplinary team working across the UK and Middle East conducting pre-sale diligence on behalf of an international client in relation to an international portfolio of construction projects.
- College of Law (London) – QLTT (2004)
- University of Edinburgh – Diploma in Legal Practice (2000)
- University of Edinburgh – LLB (Hons) (1999)
- French – Good command