Kayleigh is an Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Commercial Litigation team, specialising in insurance and reinsurance disputes.
At her previous firm, Kayleigh advised the London Market and commercial policyholders on complex international claims. Her practice primarily involved European and Latin American losses in the traditional and renewable energy, construction, aviation, infrastructure and environmental sectors.
Kayleigh's experience includes:
- Completing a secondment within a London insurer's claims handling team, providing an insight into the commercial aspects of risk management.
- Defending an engineering designer from various allegations of professional negligence and breach of contract in relation to a UK construction project.
- Working in Spanish and Portuguese to represent London Market reinsurers with reference to multiple oil pipeline spillages and tailing dam collapses across South America.
- Negotiating settlements under personal accident policies for Latin American aircraft crashes, including the LaMia air disaster in Bolivia.
- Advising the London Market on class action proceedings brought by mine workers against the South African gold mining industry in relation to silicosis and tuberculosis.
- Spanish - excellent command
- Portuguese - excellent command
- Professional Memberships
- Association of Insurance and Risk Managers in Industry and Commerce (AIRMIC)
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)