Kayleigh is an Associate in Addleshaw Goddard's Commercial Litigation team, specialising in coverage disputes for policyholders, utilising circa 5 years' previous experience of acting for insurers and reinsurers in the London Market (primarily in relation to property and casualty claims originating in Latin America and Brazil, in Spanish and Portuguese languages).
Kayleigh's experience includes:
- acting for White Oak Europe Acquisition Limited in relation to its £19m claim brought in the Commercial Court against W&I insurers for a corporate acquisition completing in 2018 [CL-2021-000058].
- acting for a US client in a series of liability insurance arbitrations concerning losses in excess of $300m arising from one of its products installed in residential homes
- acting in relation to a potential LCIA arbitration against D&O insurers considering fair presentation of a client's risk in light of allegations brought against a former director for fraud
- advising clients on policy wordings and their obligations arising from a range of insurance policies, including Product Liability and Recall, General Liability, D&O, Business Interruption and W&I.
- Spanish - excellent command
- Portuguese - excellent command
- Professional Memberships
- Association of Insurance and Risk Managers in Industry and Commerce (AIRMIC)
- British Insurance Law Association (BILA)
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA)