Johanna is a seasoned commercial lawyer with a background in company law and experience in house in professional services and FMCG. She specialises in commercial contracting, data and IT law, advising on a range of non-contentious commercial matters including agency agreements, joint ventures and shareholder agreements, supply arrangements and IT and business process outsourcing. As an accredited Practitioner in Data Protection and Certified Information Privacy Professional (Europe), Jo has experience advising on information matters, including appointment of processors, international data transfers, privacy notices and retention policies and subject access.
Recent experience includes:
- Managing the inhouse legal aspects of the sale and transformation of the global baking, cooking and spreads business for the Upfield group following its separation from Unilever, including exiting multiple global transitional service arrangements, establishing new contract and toll manufacturing and logistics supply chain arrangements, managing the deferred acquisitions of a number of manufacturing sites worldwide and conducting a review of IT contractual arrangements.
- Acting as inhouse general counsel for an international professional services firm, with responsibility for providing commercial and regulatory support to the senior management team, including the preparation and negotiation of all major supplier and client contracts, outsourcing projects, IT contracts, data protection and GDPR preparation, M&A and regulatory compliance.
- Advising on the transition to a new supplier and restructuring of a major managed IT service outsourcing for an FMCG business
- Advising on data sharing and processing arrangements, cross-border data transfers, privacy and retention policies and Article 30 records.
- Spanish - native / excellent command
- French - good command