Joanne is a Managing Associate in our Global Investigations team based in London.
Joanne has extensive experience in white collar crime and contentious financial services regulatory cases with a particular expertise in advising clients under investigation by the FCA for suspected insider dealing, market abuse and other regulatory issues. Joanne has acted for individuals and corporates on criminal and financial services regulatory investigations and prosecutions.
Joanne has varied experience having spent time in private practice, in-house at a financial services firm and over four years in the Enforcement Division at the FCA leading teams investigating and prosecuting complex market abuse and insider dealing cases.
- Acting for a bank under investigation by the FCA for suspected breach of the FCA’s Principles for Business.
- Advising a financial services firm on its regulatory obligations following the commission of fraud by an employee.
- Advising a financial institution seeking to persuade the FCA to take action against third party financial institutions engaging in improper market practices.
- Advising individuals under investigation by the FCA for suspected insider dealing, market abuse and breaches of Principles for Business for Approved Persons.
- Advising an individual in relation to an SFO investigation into suspected overseas bribery and corruption.
- Professional memberships
- Fraud Lawyers Association
- Financial Services lawyers Association
- Women in Criminal Law
- Year qualified
- Durham University: Law LLB (Hons) – 2:1
- Nottingham Law School: Legal Practice Course 2004 - Commendation